JupiterOne 2019.19 Release¶
We are excited to announce a major release with a ton of new features:
Major update to the Policies app, including
- the ability to build (from a library of over 150 document templates), edit and continuously manage your organization’s security policies and procedures directly online, using the web app;
- a hierarchical graph view of the policies and the procedures that implements each policy, which serves as a visual proof to compliance auditors that the policies are fully implemented;
- ability to allow general staff (all employees) to log in to JupiterOne to view published version of the policies and procedures, and capture their acknowledgement and acceptance.
Updated Policy Builder CLI with
publishcommand to promote local copies of the policies and procedures to your JupiterOne account online, to easily take advantage of the new features in the web app.
Brand new Compliance app (early access release) that
- automatically connects policies, procedures to each individual requirements of supported compliance frameworks; and
- maps stored queries to compliance requirements to generate evidences for audits and assessments, in a data-centric and fully automated manner.
- provides out-of-box support for
- CIS Controls,
- HITRUST CSF and
- PCI DSS
Brand new Onboarding experience when you first sign up for a JupiterOne account, with guided tutorials for the major features.
Early access release of the Alerts app – alert rules must be provisioned via the API in this pre-release. Rules are configured using J1QL queries and alerted in the app. Future release will include email and Slack notifications.
WhiteHat Security integration released - ingests vulnerability findings and maps them to applications or code repos as well as associated CVEs and CWEs as applicable. See docs for more details.
Wazuh OSSEC agent integration released - ingests Wazuh OSSEC agents from your internally managed Wazuh deployment, and maps the agents to the hosts they protect. See docs for more details.
New App Switcher design
Multi-line query input with syntax highlighting in the Landing app
New status indicators to easily spot data ingestion or authentication errors for each integration configuration.
Improvements and Bug Fixes¶
- Fixed an issue with Okta integration where mapped relationship between an Okta user to the AWS IAM role assigned to the user was not properly removed when the assignment is revoked.
- Fixed the component height issue with the query result graph.
- Fixed an issue Asset Inventory app not properly filtering boolean properties.
- Improved performance and user experience when creating/updating/deleting an entity from the Asset Inventory web UI.
- Addressed the 30-second timeout limitation of Amazon API Gateway, to allow more complex queries to continue to execute in the background instead of returning an error.