JupiterOne July 2023 Release
JupiterOne now supports SCIM 2.0 (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) which is an industry-standard protocol designed to simplify user identity management tasks in a multi-domain environment. With SCIM, you can keep J1 in sync with your identity provider by managing group membership, provisioning, and de-provisioning all through the IdP. Read more →
Users can be members of multiple permission groups in J1. By default, you view data based on the aggregate view of all your permissions. Now you are now able to switch between each group and their respective views/permissions. Read more →
New Features and Improvements
Unified Device Matrix (Early Access Program)
- Your Device inventory just got a whole lot simpler with the new release of the J1 Unified Device Matrix. The matrix will allow you to visualize a consolidated matrix of all your devices in your inventory and be able to correlate those devices by key data sources to answer some key questions. Here are a few examples: which devices are missing endpoint agents?, which devices are not aligned to our company's directory services?, what OS distributions do we have across our entire device inventory?, which devices are not encrypted?, which devices are not managed or are without configuration management?
Reach out to your Customer Success Team at J1 to get access to the Unified Device Matrix
- Your J1 graph is now upgraded with a whole new feature set and color categorization of your assets to help you identify unknowns and problems more rapidly in J1.
- Your Insights widgets no longer have a query limitation of 8 queries per widget, the widgets will support over 20 queries per complex widget.
- Area charts and Question trend widgets now support color modification in the customization of a widget.
Natural Language Querying (Early Access Program)
JupiterOne now supports natural language to generate J1QL (JupiterOne query language). You can now type questions like "What new IAM users have been created in the last week?" and "What s3 buckets do I have?" and J1 will convert these questions into J1QL syntax.
Reach out to your Customer Success Team at J1 to get access to natural language querying
When you run a J1-managed question, JupiterOne will now suggest related questions that may be interesting for you to explore.
You can now create a question from the Questions library without needing to run the query first, which will help save you some clicks as you save specific queries as questions.
Alerts and Rules
- You can now automatically resolve Jira issues created by J1 Alerts. For alert rules that create Jira issues, users can auto-resolve those tickets when there are no more results.
The following integrations have been introduced in beta:
- Beta: Added integration for Justworks Read more →
- Beta: Added integration for Sage People Read more →
- Beta: Added integration for UKG Pro Read more →
If you would like to test one of the beta integrations please contact your account representative.
- CrowdStrike: now lists the
product_name_versionvalue within a CrowdStrike entity as a property in the Properties tab.