Visualize Device42 users and devices and monitor changes through queries and alerts.
- Installation guide
- Device42 data model
For this integration, you will need to create a new user in Device42.
Configuration in Device42
- In the Device42 Console, navigate to Tools > Administrators.
- Click Add Local Admin in the top right corner.
- Create a username and password for the new user. Save these for use in the integration configuration in JupiterOne.
- Click Save in the bottom right corner.
- On the next screen under Permissions, make sure the user is Active. We recommend disabling Staff status and Superuser status to ensure the user can only access the API.
- Under Groups add System Generated Read Only.
- Click the Save button in the bottom right corner.
Refer to Device42's documentation for additional assistance creating a user.
Configuration in JupiterOne
To install the Device42 integration in JupiterOne, navigate to the Integrations tab in JupiterOne and select Device42. Click New Instance to begin configuring your integration.
Creating a configuration requires the following:
The Account Name used to identify the Device42 account in JupiterOne. Ingested entities will have this value stored in
AccountNametoggle is enabled.
Description to assist in identifying the integration instance, if desired.
Polling Interval that you feel is sufficient for your monitoring needs. You may leave this as
DISABLEDand manually execute the integration.
Enter the username and password for the Device42 account and the hostname for your Device42 instance.
Click Create once all values are provided to finalize the integration.
Now that your integration instance has been configured, it will begin running on the polling interval you provided, populating data within JupiterOne. Continue on to our Instance management guide to learn more about working with and editing integration instances.
The following entities are created:
The following relationships are created: