Visualize Microsoft Teams users, teams, and channels, map Microsoft Teams users to employees, and monitor changes through queries and alerts.
- Installation guide
- Microsoft Teams data model
To use this integration, JupiterOne requires a registering an app on portal.azure.com, and providing the created app's API credentials in JupiterOne.
Configuration in Microsoft Teams
Before configuring the integration, ensure that you have, at minimum, a Microsoft 365 Business Standard account, and have the login credentials at hand.
- Sign in at portal.azure.com.
- Go to App Registrations and register for a new app. Note the client ID and tenant ID for use in JupiterOne.
- Go to Certificates and Secrets and register a client secret and retain the value for JupiterOne.
- Go to API permissions and add the following permissions for Microsoft Graph (application permission):
- Group.Read.All - allows getting the teams data
- TeamMember.Read.All - allows getting all the teams' members' data
- User.Read.All - allows getting user's data
- Grant admin consent for all above permissions for your organization.
Finalize in JupiterOne
The Account Name used to identify the Addigy account in JupiterOne. Ingested entities will have this value stored in
AccountNametoggle is enabled.
Description to assist in identifying the integration instance, if desired.
Polling Interval that you feel is sufficient for your monitoring needs. You may leave this as
DISABLEDand manually execute the integration.
Provide your Microsoft Teams Client ID, Tenant ID, and Client Secret.
Click Create once all values are provided to finalize the integration.
Now that your integration instance has been configured, it will begin running on the polling interval you provided, populating data within JupiterOne. Continue on to our Instance management guide to learn more about working with and editing integration instances.
The following entities are created:
|Resources||Entity ||Entity |
The following relationships are created:
|Source Entity ||Relationship ||Target Entity |